Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Well.......

I finally finished my 5-day water fast.  I have to admit that it was rough, with my moods drastically changing from being euphoric to being just downright cranky.  


Some good things about the fast were:
  • I got my system cleaned out
  • I was able to test my will power
  • I was able to reflect on things that mattered in my life (my personal goals, family, friends, etc.) 
  • I discovered other things to do with my time besides chomp down food.
Will I do it again?  Yes, but I don't know when.  Maybe I'll just deal with a periodic 3-day fast every season or a 5-day fast two times a year.  

I'm going to break the fast with some orange juice (eventually adding oatmeal to my diet) over the next couple of days.  What's weird is that last night I went shopping at Wal-Mart and was going up and down each grocery isle looking at all of that food (especially the frozen pizzas and the lasagna - two of my favorite foods.)  My bad side tells me to go ahead and pig out right now, but all of the web articles I've read on breaking a fast advised not to do that or it will defeat the purpose of fasting in the first place.

Well anyway I'm going to get to my orange juice.

0 comments: